Providence

Providence - Jamie McGuire

Spoiler Alert!!!
Ok. I have read nearly two books by the author and let me tell you I am not impressed.

The real blurb
Struggling with her father's death, Nina meets Jared Ryel, presumably by chance. However it soon becomes clear that he knows more about her than even close friends. When her father's former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father was not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. In searching for the truth behind her father's death, she stumbles upon something she never expected, and something Hell wants, that only she holds the key for. Jared risks everything to keep the women he was born to save, by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect.

My blurb
The blurb is something along these lines. Nina's father dies. Nina shares a cab with our hero Jared and falls for him after three scenes. Jared is hiding something. He is her guardian angel. TA DA. Nina wants the angel guy and the normal one too because who doesn't want normal, right? Bad guys are after Nina. Nina and Jared cannot be together. Nina has a soul mate.blah blah blah

Pros
It is a book.

Cons
> The MC was TSTL.
> Love triangle. My reaction was "OMG! Not again". I can handle it when two guys love a girl and the girl is sure who she loves. But when the girl is like I love him, I love the other one too , it makes me want to slap her. Hard.
> The girl falls for the hero after meeting him three times for like 5 minutes. (Come on!!)
> There is a scene where Nina forces the hero to talk to her by standing in the pouring rain.Desperado much?
> Bella has feelings for Jacob and feels guilty for it. She feels as if she is cheating on Edward. But don't you worry, Edward is an understanding guy.
Sorry,my bad, that was Nina, Jared and Ryan.
> Providence is the worst possible combination of Hush Hush, Twilight and Premonition series. ( I have nothing against Premonition series. I actually like it)

Long story short, the book is crap. Not worth wasting your day over it. I still haven't finished the book and cannot bring myself to finish the last 10% or so.